- I've read Elizabeth Edwards's memoir, Resilience (I REALLY enjoyed it.).
- After my first design team term with Citrus Tree Studio was up in July, I decided not to continue on with the second term. I think I just need to take a scrap break.
- I've been anxiously awaiting all the green tomatoes on my Topsy Turvy to turn red. I've got a lot on there but sheesh, where were all the warm, sunny days this summer that the tomatoes love? Oh well, at least it hasn't been so humid!
- I'm seriously IN LOVE with Febreze vacuum bags. Oh my stars, they make my house smell soooooo clean! Have you tried them? I can't find a link to them for some reason but I have a Hoover and get mine at Walmart.
- I'm going to make this Fresh Pea Salad soon! Doesn't it look refreshing? I'm going to dial down the fat though...reduced fat cheese (Cabot makes a 75% reduced fat cheddar that is delicious!) and maybe non-fat yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream instead of the mayo. Oh and probably no bacon. :)
- I turned 34 on August 25th. I believe it was my BEST birthday on record, lol! Will share why in a soon-to-come post! :)
- I've recently installed the Weather Station Google Gadget on my home page and being a weather nerd, I LOVE it! Real-time radar and forecast! LOL!
- I read 3/4 of Melissa Gilbert's (she played Laura on Little House on the Prairie for those of you who have been living in a box, lol) memoir, Prairie Tale. I returned it to the library not fully read. The first half was interesting and the rest of it...well, wasn't. I got really sick of the Hollywood name-dropping and...I was just over the book, lol. I kind of wish I wouldn't of read what I did read. It tarnished my "Half-Pint" vision. :)
- I've discovered (by help of Google!) that Tea Tree Oil is very good at stopping the itch and help heal chigger bites. YUCK.
- Umm...has anyone watched Toddlers and Tiaras on TLC? OH.MY.WORD.
- I found this recipe for homemade taco seasoning, made it and tried it with shredded chicken for our taco night. I love that I can control the sodium (I cut it down to a 1/4 of the amount). It was really good!
- I've been living on our front porch this summer and loving it! I'll take whatever book I'm reading and sit out there in the sun, take my laptop out, make my grocery list, talk with my neighbor lady and sometimes just soak up the rays. I love that this summer wasn't a hot, humid one for the most part!
- I think I'm going to spend some birthday money and buy these Rollerblades!
- My sister, her boys and I went to the Cincinnati Museum to see the Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit as well as the Omnimax film, Dinosaurs Alive. It was really an amazing exhibit and the boys kept saying how awesome it was! ;)
- I'm sad that The Next Food Network Star is already over! I really liked watching it. Melissa's new show, $10 Dinners, seems okay but I just can't get into it, lol. I'm more into watching Ellie Krieger's Healthy Appetite these days.
- I started Aquatic Therapy and it's kick started a new healthy way of eating, exercise and an overall different attitude about myself over the last 7 weeks! More to come on that soon!
- DH and I bought a new kitchen island light (it was on clearance, so I can't find an image except that one on Ebay, lol) at Lowe's and had it hung. Fun!
- I am not looking forward to fall at all. I think this is the first summer in the last 10-15 years or so that I have thoroughly enjoyed 100%. I do NOT want it to end. The other day, hubby and I went for a walk and there was a house that was all decked out in fall decor already. It seriously made me sad, lol. I was like...uh, it's still August, people! I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for a warmer-than-usual fall. ;)
Okay, lots more to come soon! :) Enjoy your day and make the most of it!
Monday, August 31, 2009
...is not going to happen, lol. It's been a while since I posted (it's summer and it's been a busy one!) but I've missed blogging so here's a bit of this and that of what I've been up to and perhaps several useless and random thoughts. :)